Thursday, October 4, 2007

The waiting game

I always say that things are really about perspective. What's there is what you choose to see, and you can always choose to see bad or you can choose to see good. For a person to lose his legs can mean the end of his life, but for someone else who has no legs, that just IS his life. I think slowly, I'm starting to learn to embrace the concept of not experiencing pregnancy and birth. And really, it's not the end of the world, its actually the catalyst for a new world for me and my husband and whoever our baby is thats waiting for us out there. It's not what I envisioned, but its time for me to have a new vision, and run toward that.

What's harder to get a hold on, is this whole thing with my kidneys. Its like medical limbo, where apparently I'm not sick enough to be eligible for transplant, but at the same time, I feel like I'm struggling everyday with fatigue and food. I'm sooo tired, just ALL the time. At any point I could just lay down and go to sleep. It's frustrating not having energy, and to always have to push myself just to get through a basic day. I feel like I sleep for 12 hours a day, and still am always tired. My other struggle is with food. The salt restrictions are a real challenge. I'm way too tired to cook every single day, but when I'm out, in NYC, at work and everyone is having lunch at the cafes around, I really can't. And then I get depressed because I'm hungry, and then I just go and buy some pasta or something, but then my ankles and feet swell up. I'm looking a my feet now, with the tops bulging out of my ballet flats. I have nice feet normally, really I do! I feel like a person who is battling obesity, even though I get daily comments about how skinny I am. When I eat, I feel guilty, and even when I try to flavor my food with vinegar or lemon juice, it doesn't always come out that great and then I feel depressed.

I'm at the point where I'm hoping for kidney failure! Is that bad, I just want something to happen so I can get out of this rut. Whoever heard of feeling guilty or depressed when you eat? I'm tired of being tired. Hopefully, I'll be able to angle my thoughts to a positive perspective, I just have to find it.

I did go to the doctor this week, and they are supposed to fax me my lab report. So I'm just waiting, waiting, waiting, to see what kind of downward progress I made. How crazy is that?

No comments: